The UDiversity Educational Institute is looking for undergraduate students to serve as student liaisons. Student liaisons support the UEI in several capacities. They assist the institute's coordinators in planning and executing events and workshops, and they act as student ambassadors for the institute and its mission.
Student liaisons are required to enroll in CDCI-385, a 2-credit course. They will also participate in two cultural competency workshops and one, or more, intergroup dialogue trainings to strengthen cultural competency skills and better prepare them to address issues around diversity and inclusion, social justice and marginalization of identities.
- Attend the UDiversity CDCI-385 class on Thursdays from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Complete 60 internship hours over the academic semester.
- Attend UDiversity’s Building Bridges to Cultural Competency Part I and II workshops.
- Work as part of the UDiversity team to plan workshops and events that address a wide range of social justice, diversity and inclusion topics.
- Participate in intergroup dialogue training(s) to strengthen facilitation skills.
- Facilitate a minimum of one intergroup dialogue and diversity-related event for the campus community.
- Familiarity with the mission of the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Commitment to understanding and articulating social justice, diversity and inclusion issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse students, staff and faculty.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- An understanding of current events on the local and national level and how to gauge the current campus climate.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about becoming a student liaison or request an application.