Health and Wellness Studies
- PhD, cell and molecular biology, Binghamton University
- MS, nutrition sciences, SUNY at Buffalo
- BS, nutrition and dietetics, American University of Beirut
- ACEND Accredited Dietetic Internship, The Sage Colleges
- Certified Nutrition Specialist-Scholar
- Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist
- Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist
- HWS 332: Nutrition
- HWS 410: Pathophysiology of Nutrition-Related Diseases
- NURS 568: Human Nutrition and Metabolism
- BIOL 118: Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology
- BIOL 311: Principles of Cell Biology
- BIOL 301: Molecular Genetics
- Nutrition and mental distress
Awards and honors
- Outstanding reviewer, Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 2018
- Certificate of Appreciation, New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2018
- Certificate of Recognition, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2014
- Outstanding Dietetic Student in Dietetic Internship, New York State Dietetic Association, 2014
- The National Scholars Honor Society, Magna Cum Laude, 2008
- Graduate Research Day Award, Binghamton University, 2008
- Graduate Student Excellence in Teaching Award, Binghamton University, 2006
- Annette Rachman Scholarship Award, University at Buffalo, 1996, 1997
- Begdache L., Kianmehr H., Heaney C. (2018). College Education on Dietary Supplements May Promote a Responsible Use in Young Adults. Journal of Dietary Supplements. ePUB ahead of print. DOI:10.1080/19390211.2018.1482983.
- Begdache L., Kianmehr H., Sabounchi N., Chaar M., Marhaba J. (2018) Principal Component Analysis Identifies Differential Gender-Specific Dietary Patterns that may be Linked to Mental Distress in Human Adults-Nutritional Neuroscience- ePUB ahead of print. DOI:10.1080/1028415X.2018.1500198.
- Begdache L. (2018). Cognitive Decline and Mental Distress: A Potential Mismatch between the Contemporary Diet and the Evolved Brain. Anthropol Ethnol Open Acc J 1(1):105.
- Kianmehr H., Sabounshi N., Begdache L. (2018). The Role of Big Data Analytics in Developing System Dynamic Models. White paper. International Conference of the System Dynamics Society in Reykjavík, Iceland.
- Begdache L., Marhaba J. (2018). The Serotonergic System in Diet, Obesity and Mental Health. Glob J Endocrinol Metab .1(5).521.
- Begdache L., Marhaba R. (2018). Is it Time to Revisit Vitamin B12 for Mental Health and Cognitive Functions in Elderly? Mod Appl Bioequiv Availab.; 3(3): 1-4.
- Begdache L., Chaar M., Kianmehr H., and Sabounchi N. (2017). A Cross-Sectional Study to Examine the Effect of Dietary Factors and Exercise Assessment on Mental Distress in Younger versus Older Adults. Nutritional Neuroscience. 11:1-11. https://doi.org/10.1080/1028415X.2017.1411875.
- Birtan A., Vlad C., Bank L., Begdache L. (2017) A Study of Comorbidities and Nutritional Supplements Strongly Associated with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Alpenglow. Issue 3.
- Begdache L. (2016) The hefty price of 'study drug' misuse on college campuses. The Conversation.
- Begdache L.Nutrition in Health and Pathophysiology of Disease. First edition University Readers publisher-2012 ISBN 978-1-60927-558-7.