Judy Kitchin has many years of experience in healthcare with a focus on surgical services. She has held positions as a clinical nurse and educator, as well as served in administrative and leadership roles. She was director of the Laser Center of the Southern Tier; special project manager for the development of a prototype ambulatory surgery center in Cincinnati, Ohio; and director of perioperative services at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in BInghamton.
Kitchin has been awarded the Honored Nurse of the Year Award from Lourdes Hospital and was nominated for the Honored Nurse of the Year Award for District 5 of the New York State Nurses Association. She maintains membership in several nursing organizations and is active at the local level.
- BS in nursing, Syracuse University
- MS in nursing education and healthcare administration, Regis University, Colorado
- Healthy workplace environments
- Patient safety issues with a focus on surgical patient issues
- Nursing and telehealth
- CNOR (certified nurse operating room) board certification in peri-operative nursing
- RNFA (registered nurse first assistant) certification in surgery
- AORN (Association of peri-operative Nurses), local and national memberships
- PNA (Professional Nurse's Association) of the Southern Tier, member