Lavon Williams, DNP, MSN, RN-BC, PMHNP-BC, GNP-BC
Adjunct Clinical Professor
Lavon Williams is a clinical instructor at the Decker School of Nursing. She is ANCC board certified medical-surgical nurse, family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner and a geriatric nurse practitioner.
At the Decker School, her focus is geriatric, palliative care, mental health and nurse education. She has been teaching nursing at the master’s and doctoral levels for two years and currently teaches courses in adult-gerontological nursing practice, project planning and development, and nursing internship. She previously taught courses on psychiatric mental health nursing practice at Midwestern State University.
Williams works or has worked in acute care, med-surg, ambulatory care, long-term care, home health, hospice and mental health settings. She has made a number of presentations on mental health-related topics.
- AAS, nursing, Moorhead Community College
- BS, nursing, University of Southern Mississippi
- MS, nursing, University of South Alabama
- Post-master's certificate, psychiatric nurse practitioner, University Southern Mississippi
- DNP, geriatric nurse practitioner, University of South Alabama
- Long-term care
- Palliative care
- Mental health issues
- Palliative care/end-of-life care
- Home care for the elderly population