- MS in criminology, Regis University, 2012
- Postmasters certificate in forensic nursing, Duquesne University, 2003
- PhD in nursing, Adelphi University, 1992
- Postmasters in psychiatric nursing, Adelphi University, 1988
- MS in pediatric nursing, Columbia University, 1980
- BS in nursing, Pace University, 1978
- Diploma, Cochran School of Nursing, 1972
- 2005–present: governor-appointed board member/evaluator, Pennsylvania Sex Offender Assessment Board
- 2013–present: member, Behavioral Science Subcommittee, and chair, Victim Family Outreach Subcommittee, American Investigative Society of Cold Cases Consulting Committee
- Parenting challenges
- Revenge motivated crime
- Children as victims and offenders
- Sexual offending
- Muscari, M. & Ngo, H. (in press). ADHD. In Christopher Schreck (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Juvenile Delinquency and Justice. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Muscari, M. (in press). Cyberbullying in females. In Frances P. Bernat & Kelly Frailing, (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Women and Crime. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Muscari, M. (2016). Quick Reference to Parenting and Pediatric Behavioral Challenges for the Advanced Practice Nurse. Springer Publishing.
- Muscari. M. (2015). Pediatric Nursing Review, 5th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
- Giardino, E. & Muscari, M. (2015). The Problem of Child Abuse and Neglect. In A. Burgess & P. Clements, et al (Eds). Nursing Approach to the Evaluation of Child Maltreatment 2nd Edition. New York: GW Publishing.
- Muscari, M. (2014). "Bullying and Violence." In B. Melnyk & P. Jensen (Eds.) A Practical Guide to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Screening, Early Intervention and Health Promotion, 2nd Edition." Elsevier.
- Muscari, M. (2014). Screening for Sexual Assault in Primary Care. Medscape Public Health, March 2014. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/821206
- Muscari, M. (2012). What Nurses Know: PTSD. Demos Health/Demos Medical Publishing.
- Muscari, M. & Brown, K. (2010). Quick Reference Guide to Child & Adolescent Forensics. Springer Publishing.
- Brown, K. & Muscari, M. (2010). Quick Reference Guide to Adult & Older Adult Forensics. Springer Publishing. (Winner of an AJN Book of the Year Award 2010)