What we do
The O'Connor Office of Rural Health Studies at the Decker School of Nursing was established in 1997 by an endowment from the A. Lindsay and Olive B. O'Connor Foundation to support rural healthcare and research in Delaware and surrounding counties.
The office holds more than 350 documents that are used in rural research.
- Promoting heart health in rural women
- Facts for Action to Stroke Treatment (FAST) program, a community intervention to increase knowledge and awareness of risk factors for stroke
- Directing activities to facilitate the identification of healthcare needs in rural areas and designing nursing strategies to meet those needs
- Acting as a resource for information and knowledge about healthcare problems in rural areas
- Offering a yearly symposium/conference focusing on rural health needs for people in Delaware and surrounding counties
For more information about the office, contact:Mary E. Muscari, director