Professional and Academic Advisors
A team of people within the department and across the campus guides students in the development of their intellectual life and prepares them to contribute constructively to a world that is rapidly changing and increasingly interdependent.
Within the Department
- Department Chair - Douglas Summerville
- Department Administrative Assistant - Kim Murphy
- Department Undergraduate Adviser - Scott Craver
- Department Graduate Adviser - Yu Chen
Within the School
- Watson Advising Office - Ground floor of the Bartle Library, LS-G522 0 serving undergraduates in all disciplines
- Watson School Coordinator of Graduate Programs - Engineering Building H11 - a key resource for graduate students
Across the University
- Career Development Center (CCPD) - a great source for skills and competencies needed for career success, to explore careers and to gain professional employment or admission to graduate and professional school
- Office of the Dean of Students - supporting students having difficulties due to reasons beyond their control, whether due to medical, emotional, situational or psychological issues. The dean can connect students to various networks of support and resources to aid in the pursuit of a successful academic career.
- Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) - meeting the needs of entering international students, currently enrolled international students, and international scholars and alumni
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) - providing a wide range of assistance to enrolled students with physical, learning or other disabilities