Hazardous Waste Pickup
Contact Environmental Health and Safety to request a pick up of hazardous waste at your site. The preferred method to request a pickup is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at x7-2211. Please provide the following information in your request:
- Name of Person in Charge of the Lab
- Phone Number
- Building Name and Room Number
- Number and Type of Containers, and, if possible, the type of waste.
- Location of the Waste
Generators need not be present during the pickup as long as the above information is provided.
The waste will be removed from your satellite accumulation area on the next scheduled pickup day (see Schedule). We cannot specify what time of day your waste will be picked up. Requests need to be made BEFORE the scheduled pickup dates.
For our safety, the waste in containers used for bulking (ie. Justrite containers) must be neutral (pH 4-10), and MUST NOT BE OVERFILLED.
ALL waste must have a completed Hazardous Waste Tag attached (available at Science Stores or EH&S).
Hazardous Waste Tags MUST be signed when the container is full.
- You must use a ball point pen to fill out waste tags so it will go through all copies.
- You must use full chemical name and approximate concentration on waste tags.
- Instructions for filling out the Hazardous Waste Tags can be found on the back of the tag and in the Hazardous Waste Management Guide.
Please Note: Containers that do not have a completely filled out Hazardous Waste Tag attached will NOT be picked up. A note will be left indicating that the generator needs to fill out and attach a Hazardous Waste Tag to the container and then reschedule another waste pickup.