Hazardous Waste Pickup
The Hazardous Waste Team at EH&S picks up hazardous chemical waste every other Tuesday (alternating Tuesdays with Biological Waste). See our calendar above for the next pickup.
To request a waste pickup, please ensure your waste is in compliance with the guidelines below and then fill out the form at the bottom.
If you have a special circumstance (lab closeout, inordinate amount of containers, unknowns) please email email@example.com or call us at 7-2211
Waste Pickup Guidelines
- Waste containers must not be overfilled. 90% of capacity is considered full.
- Waste containers must be labelled properly (yellow sticker and waste tag)
- Waste must be in a Satellite Accumulation Area
- Requests must be made BEFORE the scheduled pickup date
- Waste must be in a chemical-compatible container (no old food containers, no liquids in open top containers, etc.)
- If an empty chemical container is being used as a waste container, the original label must be completely defaced and our triple rinse procedure should be followed
- All waste containers must be labelled as soon as waste is placed in them
- Try not to sign the waste tag until the waste is ready to be picked up- this way EH&S doesn't accidentally pick up a container that you are still using
Any waste containers that are not in compliance with these guidelines will NOT be picked up by EH&S until they are in compliance.
Waste Pickup Request
Please fill out the form below completely to request your waste pickup. If you have any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags and Stickers
Please contact EHS with any questions @7-2211