This curriculum is intended as a general engineering minor for students outside of engineering.
Declaring the minor is by application only; minimum of five courses required.
Students must complete the three prerequisite courses for the minor and achieve at least a 2.7 GPA in those three courses before applying to the program. In order to complete the minor, students must earn a GPA of at least 2.0 in the prerequisite and required courses.
Courses can be used to fulfill Gen Ed requirements.
Students will be advised by the Director of the Engineering Design Division.
Note: AP Calculus and AP Physics may be substituted for some requirements. Please contact Mike Elmore, Director and Visiting Associate Professor with questions about these substitutions.
Required engineering courses
Three Engineering Elective courses
- Choose any three below, at least one must be from "Advanced"
- make note of pre- and co-requisites
- All courses with approval of department and instructor.
- Courses shown are the currently approved list: departments may add or remove courses in the future.
- Only one of CS 211, CS 140 or ISE 212 can count toward the general engineering minor.
- Only one CS course can count toward the general engineering minor.
- Only one of ISE 364 or ME 372 can count toward the general engineering minor.
- BME 201 - Intro to Biomedical Eng
- BME 203 - Biomed Modeling Numerical Meth
- BME 213 - Biomolecular Engineering
- CS 140 - Prog with Obj & Data Struct
- CS 211 - Programming I for Engineers
- EECE 251 - Digital Logic Design
- ISE 212 - Engineering Computing
- ISE 231 - Human Factors
- ISE 261 - Probabilistic Systems I
- ISE 364 - Eng Project Management
- ME 211 - Intro to Solid Mechanics
- ME 273 - Statics
- ME 274 - Dynamics
- BME 303 - Bio-fluid Mechanics
- BME 313 - Biomaterials
- BME 318 - Biomechanics
- BME 340 - Bioinformatics & Biostatistics
- BME 413 - Biomedical Transport Phenomena
- BME 442 - Nanotechnology & Drug Delivery
- BME 463 - Bioprocess Engineering
- BME 472 - Expermntal Design & Stat Anyls
- BME 483 - Tissue Engineering
- EDD 305 - Intro to Sustainable Eng & Des
- EDD 306 - Eng Sustainable Energy
- EDD 307 - Ecology for Engineers
- CS 212 - Programming II for Engineers
- CS 240 - Data Struct & Algorithms
- EECE 260 - Electric Circuits
- EECE 315 - Electronics I
- ISE 311 - Enterprise Systems
- ISE 362 - Probabilistic Systems II & DOE
- ME 331 - Thermodynamics
- ME 363 - Engineering Materials Lab
- ME 381 - Computer Aided Engineering
- SCHL 280B - Binghamton Scholars Topics
Two Integrated Engineering and Design Projects courses — must have senior standing
All General Engineering Minors must sign up for Section 50 (Biomedical), 51 (Industrial and Systems) or 52 (Mechanical) depending on the engineering major track. These courses are only open to non-engineering students admitted to the general engineering minor.