Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Financial Aid
Financial Aid
Related Links

How to Finance Your Study Abroad

Types of aid for study abroad

The grants and loans you receive during the fall and spring semesters may be used to cover study abroad charges for Binghamton University or another SUNY program.  However, there are no 'special' funds reserved for study abroad.

If you plan to attend a winter or summer abroad program, loans may be the only available aid and will be deducted from your fall or spring financial aid package.

If you are attending a SUNY program, New York State’s Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) will be applied. If you’re attending a non-SUNY program, TAP will not be available (see section below "If you're not attending a SUNY Study Abroad Program" for more information).

Once you decide on a program, please meet with a financial aid counselor to discuss financial aid options for the trip. Bring an estimate of the program's cost with you.

To see if you are eligible to apply for scholarships, contact the Office of International Programs at 777-2336 or stop by their office located in Library North, LN-G300.

Financial aid must dos before you study abroad

* The Study Abroad Request for Review Form lists all of the information and documents we will need in order to determine your eligibility for ANY aid toward study-abroad expenses. Once you complete this form and return it to our office with the required documentation, it will be reviewed by your Financial Aid Counselor. You will be notified if there are any changes to your previous financial aid offer.

If you're not attending a SUNY Study Abroad Program

Payment and refunds

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 1/22/15