The mission of the FSCA is to foster a greater sense of community and mutual support among the faculty and staff of color through mentoring and networking in an effort to provide an organized support system that will enhance the cultural diversity within the University, as well as enhance and support the academic mission of the University.
The purpose of the association is to:
- Create an enlightened environment where issues of inequity and injustice can be effectively identified, directly challenged, and intelligently discussed.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and the discussion of issues and problems of concern to faculty and staff of color members at Binghamton University.
- Promote the recruitment and retention, promotion and tenure, professional development, and career advancement of faculty and staff of color at the University.
- Provide a mutually supportive social and cultural milieu for faculty and staff of color at Binghamton University.
- Expand and strengthen the relationship and involvement of faculty and staff of color with the wider University community.
Meet the Officers
- President: Dr. Calvin Gantt
- 1st Vice President: vacant
- 2nd Vice President: Tanyah Barnes
- Secretary: Jazell Johnson
- Treasurer: vacant
- Parliamentarian: vacant
- Historian: Amber Jennings
Standing and Ad Hoc Committees
Hospitality Committee/ Social Development Committee
• Welcomes and hosts meetings and events for new faculty and staff of color at Binghamton University
• Develops welcome materials/packets for new faculty and staff of color at Binghamton University
• Sends out birthday/birth announcements/sympathy/holiday cards to faculty and staff of color at Binghamton University
• Develops, plans and coordinates social events for FSCA members
(Co-Chairs: Jazell Johnson and Josue Quinones)
Members: Tanyah Barnes, Doris Cheung
Fundraising/ Budget Development Committee
(Co-Chairs: Tanyah Barnes and vacant)
Professional Development Committee
• Plans professional development workshops/events
• Organizes structured mentor program
• Develops diversity awards recognition program
(Co-Chairs: Kathleen Sterling and vacant)
Members: Diana Castellanos, JR Beckford, Steve Seepersaud, Nicole Sirju-Johnson
• Assist with FSCA Newsletter Publication
• Carryout assigned tasks in notifying the media of FSCA events
• Create and distribute flyers of FSCA events
• Help with website updates
(Co-Chairs: JR Beckford and Vanessa Young)
Members: Steve Seepersaud, Tanyah Barnes
Community and Student Development Committee
• Plans at least one community development event for our members to give back to the broader local community
• Plans at least one student development event for our members to give back or collaborate with the student body of color
• Assist with faculty and staff of color University-wide recruitment efforts
(Co-Chairs: Lea Webb, Joanna Cardona)
Members: Tanyah Barnes