You’re ready to finish your graduate career at Binghamton University. We look forward to celebrating your accomplishments at Commencement.

Please follow the formatting guidelines to ensure the efficient processing of your thesis/dissertation and the conferral of your degree. 


Please see the degree completion deadlines posted on the Office of Student Records and Registrar Services website.

    • If you are unable to meet these deadlines, you will have to register for the next semester and resubmit the Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD).
    • If you are an international student and you do not graduate by the completion date listed on your I-20, you must apply for an Extension of Stay with the Office of International Student and Scholar Services
    • If you need to cancel your Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD) or update your diploma mailing address, please contact the Degree Coordinator in the Office of Student Records and Registrar Services at


All inquiries regarding degree completion and conferral should be forwarded to the Degree Coordinator in the Office of Student Records and Registrar Services at

For questions regarding thesis and dissertation submission and fee processing, please contact the Graduate School at

Visit the Commencement website for questions regarding commencement ceremonies.