Ahoy! This page contains useful resources for all your Slate needs. Check back often as we update items frequently. Please contact the Graduate School if you have any questions.
Request Access to Slate
- Submit a list of faculty and staff who need access to Slate
- Each user must submit a signed confidentiality and security agreement form
- Use the headings below when requesting access:
|First Name||Last Name||Extension||User ID||Title||Program Access (major codes)||Tasks in Slate|
- Login page: gograd.binghamton.edu/manage
- Sign in using your PODS account
Slate Fundamentals: Abridged Manual
- How do I access Slate? How do I access a student's individual record? Where can I find a list of my students? How do I review applications?
Tracking External Communications in Slate
Query Building Manuals
Graduate Admissions Process
- Graduate School Search Progression: A Timeline for Marketing, Recruitment & Conversion
- Awaiting Submission: Application has been started by the applicant, but has not been officially submitted for review
- Awaiting Materials: Application has been officially submitted, but is missing letter(s) of recommendation and/or test scores
- Awaiting Decision: All required materials have been submitted, and the application is pending departmental review
- Decided: Application has completed the admissions process
- Where can you find the status of an application?
Download Slate Manual by Department
Schedule an individual training session with one of our Slate training specialists! We can provide one-on-one assistance for all your Slate questions.
For department-specific instruction, schedule a group training session with one of our Slate training specialists. Trainings can be provided at the Graduate School office in the Couper Administration Building, or we can come to you during departmental or faculty meetings. Just let us know; we are always happy to accommodate!
Got a quick question? Contact Pamela Marten at firstname.lastname@example.org or x7-5440.
Download Slate Mobile
Download mobile apps to use Slate on your phone or tablet.
- Once you have downloaded the app, you will be prompted to "add site." Please enter gograd.binghamton.edu and submit. This will allow you to access the BU Portal where you can sign in using PODS.
- You can also access Slate through the my.binghamton portal under Useful Links.
|Download Slate Mobile for android devices:|
|Download Slate Mobile for Apple devices:|
|Download Slate Reader, exclusively for iPads:|
About Slate by Technolutions
Slate is a powerful customer relationship management (CRM) tool used to manage all aspects of the recruitment and admissions process, developed exclusively for higher education by Technolutions. Technolutions has a 100% client retention rate, and processes over 2 million applications each year. Slate is used by 16 out of 20 US News Top 20 national universities. Some of their most prominent graduate school clients include:
- Brandeis University
- Columbia Graduate School
- University of Chicago
- Colorado State University
- Yale University - Art, Divinity, Forestry, MBA, Drama, Sacred Music, School of Management, MBA-E, and Advanced Management
- University of Denver
- Tufts University
- Harvard Graduate School of Design, Business, Divinity, and Education
- University of Notre Dame
- Purdue University
- Quinnipiac University
- University of Rochester