Due to the campus restrictions put in place in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Harpur Advising has moved all advising services online. This page was created to provide Harpur students with resources to help you navigate advising and registration.
Harpur Advising Availability
Harpur Academic Advisors are available for Zoom or phone appointments:
- Mondays - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Tuesdays - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Wednesdays - 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Thursdays - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Fridays - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
You can schedule an appointment online through Starfish or by calling 607-777-6305 .
Quick questions can be emailed to: HARPURADVISING@BINGHAMTON.EDU
- Wednesday, March 25th - Fall 2020 Schedule of Classes released
- Tuesday, March 31st - Registration time tickets released
- Saturday, April 4th - Sunday April 12th - Spring Break
- Monday, April 13th - Fall 2020 Undergraduate Registration begins
- Tuesday, May 5th - Last day of classes
- Tuesday, May 5th @ 11:59 pm - Fall 2020 Registration closes
- Friday, June 5th - University Withdrawal/Semester Withdrawal Deadline
- Friday, June 5th - Individual Course Withdrawal Deadlline
- Friday, June 5th - Grade Option Change (Pass/Fail) Deadline
Spring 2020 Policy Changes
In light of the impact that COVID-19 has had on students, several policy changes have been implemented for the Spring 2020 semester.
Major/Minor Advising Contacts & Procedures
Academic & Personal Success Resources
Career Advising Resources
Forms and Petitions
This form is for Harpur College Undergraduate students:
- to request a waiver of the Harpur College residency requirement
- to request a Harpur writing course substitution (seniors only) *note: At least one C/J must be taken at Binghamton University
- to request an extension of incomplete beyond the 18-month deadline
- to request a change in Bulletin year
- Discuss your General Academic Petition request with your Undergraduate Director or your Instructor (see petition for appropriate contact)
- Instructor or Undergraduate Directors should send approval emails to Harpur College at email@example.com.
- Submit the complete General Academic Petition, including any relevant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The outcome of your petition(s) will be sent to you via e-mail within 5 business days
Detailed instructions available here
Please follow these instructions:
- Before submitting coursework for consideration, please review the transfer course equivalency tables. If the course you wish to take appears on the tables, it will transfer as indicated. Do NOT submit a petition.
- Review Harpur Transfer Guidelines and Policies
- Complete the appropriate petition:
- Psychology & Integrative Neuroscience majors looking to have transfer credits count toward their major should fill out the online transfer petition through the department.
- All other majors should use this form for requests involving major or minor requirements. Please carefully review the Student Instructions section of this document before submitting coursework for review.
Complete the student side of the form and email to the appropriate department contact.
Transfer Credit and Study Abroad Petition: General education, Writing, Non-major Upper Level, and Elective Credit Requests
Use this online form to petition for the acceptance and/or application of transfer credits to be taken at other institutions.
- You must be a Harpur College student or pursuing a Harpur College minor. Professional school students taking Harpur College courses must petition through the professional school's advising offices.
- Review the General Education and Writing Transfer Guide for Harpur College Students to see what types of courses may be approved for General Education or Writing credit.
- Check the Binghamton University's Course to Course Equivalency site to see if the course appears.
- Please complete all relevant sections of the petition. Incomplete petitions will not be reviewed.
- Please complete one petition for EACH course you wish to take.
You will receive an email indicating the result of your petition within 5 business days of submission.Students who wish to participate in internships or study abroad programs and who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that they will be asked about their prior criminal history. This may impede your ability to participate. Students who have concerns about such matters, or are looking for additional information, are advised to contact the dean's office of their intended academic program. For questions about how this may affect studying abroad, please contact the Office of International Education and Global Initiatives.
Use this form to re-add courses that were previously withdrawn for the Spring 2020 semester.
- Email Petition to email@example.com
- The instructor of the course must email firstname.lastname@example.org with their approval for the petition to be accepted. If
the instructor does not do so, the petition will not be approved.
Use this form to withdraw from ALL classes for the current semester. The completed online form must be submitted by 4:00 pm on the last day of classes (May 5th, 2020).