Can I transfer C/J or W Courses?
I'm taking a course that I think meets the writing requirement. Can I petition for C credit?
- Course requirements:
- At least 20 pages of expository writing
- Requires a process of revision
- Writing must be in English
- Must be taught by a Harpur College faculty member in a Harpur course
- At least 50 percent of the grade must be based on expository writing
- Independent Study courses may not be a version of a concurrently offered, non-designated C Course
- Student criteria:
- Must not have room in their schedule to take a C course
- Must be able to graduate in the semester in which they are petition
The deadline to petition is during the Add/Drop period of which the course is being taken. Students can petition during pre-registration. In order to petition, please complete the General Academic Petition.