Search Target


 Information about Transfer Credit Evaluations

Transcripts for all first year students (new freshman and transfers) are evaluated by the Admissions Office.

Transcripts for all returning students are evaluated by the Transfer Credit Coordinator in Harpur Academic Advising. 

General Policies regarding
Transfer Credits

Policies for Transfer Students

Prospective Students


Transferring General Education Courses

View general guidelines and policies governing the transfer of credits to fulfill General Education requirements. 


Course-to-Course Equivalencies

Use these tables to determine what courses from selected colleges and universities will transfer as equivalent courses. In general, these courses may be taken without petitioning for credit. Please visit the forms area for more information on petitioning courses from schools not listed on the tables.



Exam credit

Binghamton University students may earn credit by exam for coursework completed in high school through AP, IB, CLEP and other exams. Please view the policies and criteria on this page for complete details.


Taking a Summer or Winter Course

If you're thinking about completing summer or winter session coursework at a different university or college, here's a few brief instructions and resources to help you understand the transfer process.

Last Updated: 4/29/19