Search Target


Are you unsure of whether to go to your major/minor department office or Harpur Academic Advising for assistance with different academic issues? You are not alone! Use the table below to determine which office can assist you.

Harpur Advising Departmental Advising
  • Academic difficulties
  • Advising about major requirements and policies
  • Choosing a major/minor and degree planning
  • Declaring a major and/or minor
  • International student forms (CPT, OPT, Reduced Courseload, etc...)
  •  Course substitutions or exceptions for major/minor
  • Late course withdraw, general academic petition, etc.
  •  Permission of department/permission of instructor course restrictions
  • Study abroad (General questions not answered by IEGI), basic career exploration, extracurricular opportunities
  • Special departmental programs (i.e. study abroad or internships)
  • DARS/Degree Works Issues and interpretation
  •  Teaching Assistantships or Independent study
  • Interpretation of General Education and Harpur requirements

Last Updated: 4/29/19