Ellyn Uram Kaschak Summer Research Grant
Ellyn Uram Kaschak '65 established a research grant to benefit Harpur College undergraduate students seeking to conduct research in the field of social justice for women and girls.
The Kaschak Institute for Social Justice for Women and Girls invites Harpur College undergraduate students to apply for research support for projects based on the lived experiences of women and girls, with an emphasis on work designed to promote equality for women and girls. There is support for research over the summer as well as awards available for the academic year.
- Up to $1,500 may be awarded for expenses directly related to a 2022 summer research project
- Academic-year student fellows receive an award of $2,000 to support their research. Co-investigators submitting a single successful project will share the award. Four projects can be funded in 2022-2023.
- Who is Ellyn Kaschak?
1965 alumna, Ellyn Kaschak, PhD, is an internationally acclaimed and award-winning psychologist, author and teacher. She is well-known as a speaker, workshop leader, human rights advocate and a public intellectual.
More about Ellyn Kaschak:
- Must be Harpur College undergraduate student in good academic standing
- GPA must be at least 3.0
- Can not already be funded for summer research
- Can not receive Kaschak grant more than twice
- Research must be in the field of social justice for women and/or girls
- How to apply
Deadline to apply for awards (summer and academic year) is Friday, April 1, 2022
Questions can be emailed to Dr. Alexandra Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.