Dr. Ellyn Uram Kaschak Summer Research Grant
Dr. Ellyn Uram Kaschak '65 established a research grant to benefit Harpur College undergraduate students seeking to conduct research in the field of social justice for women and girls. One recipient will be awarded $1,500 to be used for expenses directly related to the research project. The recipient will share research findings with Kaschak during the following semester.
1965 alumna, Ellyn Kaschak, PhD, is an internationally acclaimed and award-winning psychologist, author and teacher. She is well-known as a speaker, workshop leader, human rights advocate and a public intellectual. More Info.
- Must be Harpur College undergraduate student in good academic standing
- GPA must be at least 3.0
- Can not already be funded for summer research
- Can not receive Kaschak grant more than twice
- Research must be in the field of social justice for women and/or girls
2. Send one to two page proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Description of your research question
- Your current involvement in this research topic (e.g., course work, community involvement, independent reading)
- What you hope to accomplish through this research
- Please use "Subject: Kaschak Application"
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MARCH 20, 2020.
Finalists will be contacted to schedule an interview with the selection committee. In evaluating applications, the committee will consider:
- The clarity, thoughtfulness, and thoroughness of the essay describing the research project
- The feasibility of completing the project during the time allotted and with the budget proposed
- Whether the budget is well planned and will enable the applicant to complete the project economically
- How the research addresses social justice for women and girls
Dr. Kaschak Summer Research Grant recipient will be notified by April 17, 2019. After completion of the project, recipient is expected to present research findings to Dr. Kaschak.
Please direct questions to Harpur Edge: email@example.com