Search Target


Q. Who can visit the Decker Student Health Services Center?
A. All currently enrolled Binghamton University students and affiliated entities are eligible to visit the Decker Student Health Services Center. We don’t provide care to faculty, staff, visitors, or spouses/partners/dependents of students.

Q. When is the Decker Student Health Services Center open?
A. When classes are in session, walk-in care is provided from 8 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday, and appointments are available from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. See Appointment or Walk-In and Hours for additional information.

Q. Should I just walk-in or should I make an appointment?
A. Please see Appointment or Walk-In.

Q. What should I do in a medical emergency?
A. If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911 from a campus telephone. Off campus or cell phone users should call 777-3333 for Harpur’s Ferry campus medical response service. Emergency care is available at local hospital emergency departments and urgent care centers; if you visit these facilities you’re responsible for all costs incurred.

Q. What if I need care when the center is closed?
A. If you need non-emergency care on the weekends or when the Decker Student Health Services Center is closed, you may wish to visit a local walk-in clinic and will be responsible for all costs incurred.

Q. What health forms are required for new students?
A. Please see For New Students.

Q. Are my records confidential?
A. Yes, please see Confidentiality for more information.

Q. How can I get a copy of my medical records?
A. To obtain a copy of your medical records print and fill out an Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information  and then mail, fax or bring it to the center. There is no fee to fax records to the address noted on the form; please contact us for specific details and give us 7–14 days to complete your request.

Q. What services are available through the Decker Student Health Services Center?
A. The center provides treatment of acute illness and injury, health education, women’s health services, travel medicine, immunizations, HIV testing, psychiatric consultation and laboratory services. For more information visit our Services page.

Q. Is there a charge for visiting the Decker Student Health Services Center?
A. Your student health fee covers the cost of many of the services we provide. There may be charges for services such as laboratory tests, emergency contraception, some immunizations, etc. See Free or Fees and Health Insurance for additional information about coverage and costs.

Q. Can I keep medications in my residence hall or on-campus apartment?
A. Your residence hall or campus apartment is your home, and you should feel comfortable keeping your medications there. Just be responsible about their use and safekeeping.

Q. If I’m temporarily disabled is transportation assistance available?
A. We suggest you read this webpage, What You Need to Know if You Experience a Temporary Disability with Mobility Impairment, as well as visit our Services for Students with Disabilities site.

Q. Where can I find information about antibiotics?
A. We think the Family Doctor website is really informative and suggest you read this first. If you have additional questions, please contact us.

Q. If I have comments or suggestions about the center, whom should I contact?
A. Direct comments or suggestions about the Decker Student Health Services Center to Health and Counseling Service Medical Director Dr. Michael Leonard at 777-2221 or Include your name and contact information if you’d like us to respond. We appreciate your feedback! It helps us improve our services.

Phone: 607-777-2221
Fax: 607-777-2881

Regular Session Hours

8:00 a.m.–4:45 p.m.

Walk-in care:
8:00–11:00 a.m.

1:00–4:00 p.m.

Blood work drawn: 
9:30–10:30 a.m.

Summer/Break Hours

8:00 a.m.–3:45 p.m.

Walk-in care:
8:00–11:00 a.m.

1:00–2:45 p.m.

Last Updated: 2/15/18