Where to find a home test kit
Home COVID-19 test kits are available for free for students, staff and faculty while supplies last at the following locations beginning Aug. 18:
- Information desk in the Tillman Lobby of The Union
- Generally staffed during The Union's regular hours.
- Security desk at the University Downtown Center
- Staffed 24 hours/day
- PB-110, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Open regular business hours
- University Police walk-up window, basement of the Couper Administration Building
- Staffed 24 hours/day
- Decker College of Nursing and Health Science Building information desk
Free at-home test kits are also available at the Broome County Health Department at 225 Front Street, Binghamton. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order a 3rd round of free at-home tests. Order yours at covid.gov. Most insurance plans also cover free home tests at local pharmacies. Check with your insurance company for details.
How to report a positive home test
If you have a positive home COVID-19 test while you are in Binghamton, regardless of whether you live on or off campus:
- Immediately put on a mask and avoid contact with other people.
- Place your test device on a piece of paper. On the paper, write your name, your date
of birth, the date you performed the test and one of the following: the date your
symptoms started or the fact that you are having no symptoms.
- Upload a photo of the paper and test device to the patient portal using the "COVID Positive Test Results" function.
- Place the test device in a sealed plastic bag in case a medical professional requests to see it.
- Immediately report your positive test result to the Broome County Health Department using this short survey.
If you live on campus:
- Email Safe Housing at email@example.com as soon as possible after receiving the positive result. The email must include your B-number, cell phone number and the date of your positive test.
- University staff will call you at the number you provided to follow up and discuss your isolation options as soon as possible.
If you live off campus:
- Isolate in the bedroom of your apartment until you are contacted by a University or other health official.
Faculty and staff
Faculty and staff should report positive test results to Sara DeClemente-Hammoud in Human Resources at 607-777-4939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.