Our goal in Health Education is to provide Binghamton University students with the tools and information you need to maintain your good health.
We accomplish this by:
- Offering a unique, four-credit peer education internship program (REACH or Real Education About College Health) that brings wellness messages out to students across campus
- Providing individual counseling (and referrals if needed) to students who have concerns about sexual health, alcohol and other drug use, sexually transmitted infections, relationship issues, nutrition, fitness, stress management, HIV/AIDS and more
- Collaborating on various health awareness campaigns and events such as the Binghamton Red Zone Campaign, the Red Flag Campaign, World AIDS Day, the Clothesline Project and more
- Maintaining a listing of health information links and a health promotion library for student use
Services Open to All Students
Health Education services are available to all registered students free of charge — the mandatory student health fee you pay as part of your tuition covers the cost for Health Education programming.
You can feel comfortable speaking with our staff. They’re friendly and competent, and will keep your discussion confidential.
Our staff includes:
- Bridget McCane-Saunders, Associate Director for Health Education
- Amber Ingalls, Health Educator
- Judy Rose, Support Staff
- Graduate Assistants: Tyler Deuel, Taylor MacKenzie, Nicole Jordan, and Alexei Michaels
- Ten enthusiastic student educators in our REACH internship program
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Health Education Office has moved from its temporary location, Fine Arts 187G, to the newly renovated space in Decker Student Health Services. The entrance to the new office is the outside staircase to the far right of the Decker Student Health Services building. Students with disabilities can access our office by going through the main entrance and speaking to someone at the front desk.
To reach us, please call 607-777-2254, fax 607-777-2881 or e-mail email@example.com