Free student flu shots
Influenza vaccines are available for free for currently registered Binghamton University students at the following times. Appointments are required.
- 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Oct. 7, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, PB-121
- 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Oct. 14, The Union, UU-111
- 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Oct. 28, The Union, UU-111
- 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Nov. 4, C4 Multipurpose Room
Make an appointment
- Visit the student health portal. Indicate you are from Binghamton University and sign in using your Binghamton University username and password.
- Go to the "Appts" tab.
- Select clinic: Influenza Vaccine Clinic
- Select reason: Influenza Vaccine Appointment
- Select provider: all
- Click submit.
- Unless you are making your appointment on the day of one of the flu clinics, you will get a "no appointments found" result.
- Change the date to the date of your preferred flu clinic, and you will get a selection of times. Select your appointment time.
- The site of the clinics changes by date.
- You must choose the correct clinic, reason and provider in the portal.
- You must change searched date to see available appointments.
Influenza is thought to spread by contact with respiratory droplets. Therefore, students, faculty and staff can reduce their risk for contracting and spreading these infections by:
- Getting a yearly flu shot.
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
People with the flu should not go out in public, other than to seek medical care, until their temperature is less than 100° for 24 hours.
For more information on influenza, visit the CDC website.