MIDDLE EAST CONFLICT:
- UN Condemns 'excessive force'
- Israeli Army Says Palestinians May Have Shot Gaza Boy, By WILLIAM A. ORME Jr., (New York Times: November 28, 2000)
MIDDLE EAST AFTER THE GULF WAR:
- Saddam chips his way to freedom (.pdf, 406kb)(The Economist, November 25th-December 1st 2000)
- Cleric Uses Weapon of Religion Against Iran's Rulers, By Elaine Sciolino, New York Times, September 18, 2000
- New York Times Specials: "Secrets of History, The C.I.A. in Iran".
- U.S. Asks Putin Not to Sell Iran a Laser System, by Judith Miller, New York Times, September 19, 2000
- Love Finds a Way in Iran: 'Temporary Marriage', By ELAINE SCIOLINO, New York Times, October 4, 2000
- Iran: Struggle for Change [BBC News: Iran in Depth](bad link)
- US-Turkish relations on the rocks: Sezer and Ecevit call on American Administration to fight passage of a bill recognizing the so-called Armenian genocide
- Ahmet Necdet Sezer, a westward-looking Turk, (.pdf, 560kb)The Economist, November 18th-24th 2000
- A Turkish Move into Central Asia (.pdf, 288kb)(The Economist, November 25th-December 1st 2000)
- With Election Fraud Feared, Kosovo Could Be the Key, by CARLOTTA GALL, New York Times, September 24, 2000