The HDEV staff includes a professional academic advisor and peer advisors, who will work with you to plan a program of study and answer question about careers and graduate school.
How can academic advisors help?
- provide current and accurate information about the University's and department's academic and personal requirements;
- help you track progress toward meeting degree requirements;
- assist in developing a course of study, including the selection of general education, major and elective requirements;
- provide information about campus resources and offer referrals;
- offer assistance with any academic difficulties; which may include referral to the Writing Center, CCPA Career and Professional Services or the University Counseling Center
- be available (in person, by phone or email) to discuss concerns or questions; and
- provide information on study abroad, internship, independent study and volunteer opportunities that can help enhance your academic program.