Human Development Academic Advising
The HDEV staff includes a professional academic advisor and peer advisors, who will work with you to plan a program of study and answer question about careers and graduate school.
ScheduleUniversity Downtown Center, Room 403
- By appointment
- Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Drop-in hours
- Tuesdays, 3:45-5 p.m.
Mountainview Student Success Center, Appalachian Hall, G-17
- Drop-in hours
- Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Coordinator of Academic Advising and Student Services
Regina Alfieri, MS
Student Affairs Administration
University Downtown Center, Room 403
Mountainview Student Success Center
Appalachian Hall, G-17
Drop-in hours: Wednesdays, 3:30-5 p.m.
How academic advisors can help you
- Provide current and accurate information about the University's and department's academic and personal requirements and help you keep track of your progress toward meeting degree requirements
- Assist you in developing a course of study, including the selection of general education, major and elective requirements
- Provide you with information about campus resources and offer referrals
- Offer assistance if you have academic difficulties; this may include referring you to the Writing Center, CCPA Career and Professional Services or the University Counseling Center
- Be available (in person, by phone or via email) to discuss any concerns or questions you have
- Provide information on study abroad, internship, independent study and volunteer opportunities that can help enhance your academic program
- HDEV peer advisors are upperclassmen who have completed the majority of the HDEV major and have valuable information regarding classes and what the HDEV student experience is really like. They are always available and willing to help.
- Department faculty are available to help students, so feel free to attend their office hours.