Search Target

Major Requirement Waivers
and Substitutions

Use the General Academic Petition (103kb PDF) when you are requesting a waiver of, substitution of, or exception to a major requirement. This includes requesting that a course be counted out of a category, a change be made in the evaluation of your department requirements (for instance, upper-department courses) or if you are taking more than 8 credits of internship or independent study.

Submit the completed petition and signed attachment to the Department of Human Development Office, UDC-407.

If you have questions, contact the HDEV peer advisors in UDC-450. You can also pick up a hardcopy of the form there as well.

Last Updated: 9/15/17