Advising for undergraduates

The advising process is a team effort between you and your adviser. You are encouraged to get to know the HDEV advising resources available to you through the HDEV Advising office, peer advising and faculty advising.

The CCPA adviser, a full-time member of the Human Development staff, is located in UDC-407. The adviser works with you to plan a program of study and answers question about careers and graduate school. A key factor in your success can be the development of an effective partnership with the advising office throughout your career in human development.

Your adviser will:

  • provide current and accurate information about the University's and the Department's academic and personal requirements;
  • assist you in developing your course of study, including the selection of general education, major and elective requirements;
  • provide you with information on campus resources and offer referrals;
  • offer assistance if you have academic difficulties such as offering referrals to the Writing Center, Academic Excellence Center, Career Development Center and the Counseling Center;
  • be available either in person or by phone or e-mail to allow convenient access; and
  • provide information on opportunities such as study abroad, internships, independent study and volunteer work that help enhance your academic program.

Human Development Office
Location: University Downtown Center, Room 407
Phone: 607-777-9199
Office hours: To be determined

Peer Advising Office:
Location: University Downtown Center, Room 413
Phone: 607-777-9202

Last Updated: 9/9/15