Search Target

Study Abroad and Global Studies Minor

Study abroad

You are encouraged to include a study-abroad experience in your undergraduate education. It is best to get an early start exploring available programs. The Office of International Programs (Bartle Library, LNG-300, 607-777-2336) is the place to begin and where you will find information on study-abroad programs and applications.

If you decide to pursue a study-abroad experience, here are some things you need to do:

  • Allow sufficient time to gather recommendations, transcripts and approvals.
  • Meet with an HDEV academic advisor to review the number of credits available for transfer to your degree. You will need to submit a personal statement to the academic advisor for review and signature.
  • Complete the Petition to Take Courses at Another Institution (258kb PDF) and submit it to the HDEV academic advisor. This form is also available in the Peer Advising Office (UDC-450).
  • Respond to registration information sent to you while you are abroad.

Global studies minor

Binghamton University offers a minor in global studies. This is a multidisciplinary program where you can investigate cross-cultural experiences and learn about international, regional and global issues. The minor is open to all undergraduate students who wish to increase their intercultural competencies and add a global dimension to their program of study.

Additional information about the minor is available from the Office of International Programs, Bartle Library, LNG-300, 607-777-2336.


Last Updated: 12/18/17