Binghamton University Downtown Center
The Binghamton University Downtown Center/UDC is home to the Department of Human Development and the University's College of Community and Public Affairs. It is located at 67 Washington Street in downtown Binghamton, about 4.5 miles/10 minutes from the University's Vestal campus.
Where you will study
- You will take classes on Binghamton's Vestal campus during your freshman year and the first semester of your sophomore year while you are completing introductory courses and those that fulfill General Education requirements.
- You will take classes at the Binghamton University Downtown Center beginning the second semester of your sophomore year and continuing during your junior and senior years as you complete your human development courses, most of which are offered there. Keep in mind that some courses are cross-listed (hosted by more than one department) and may be offered on the Vestal campus.
Where you will live
- As an incoming freshman, you are required to live on the Vestal campus in one of our residential communities. We even have a residential community committed to public service.
- You may wish to continue living on campus during your sophomore year since you will be completing introductory courses and courses to fulfill your General Education requirements throughout the first semester of your sophomore year. These courses are offered on the Vestal campus.
- Many juniors and seniors move off campus and live near the UDC. Our Off Campus College maintains a list of off-campus housing.
Buses will get you from one place to another
The University's Off Campus College Transport/OCCT operates buses that run between the Vestal campus and the UDC (among other locations). These buses are free and available to students, faculty and staff; just show your Binghamton University ID card. It takes approximately 10 minutes to travel between the two locations, which are 4.5 miles apart. Buses run every 20 minutes and depart from bus stations located on each campus.
Binghamton students, faculty and staff may also ride BC Transit buses free of charge by showing their University ID card. Get more information on our transportation webpage.