Information for Transfer Students
We value your college experience and are happy you are thinking about joining the Human Development Department at Binghamton University!
Here are some things you need to know:
- GPA: an average GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Prerequisites: a General Education curriculum is preferred; introductory courses in both psychology and sociology are recommended
- Application deadlines: November 1 for spring; March 1 for fall
- Once you are accepted, the University will provide you with a preliminary evaluation of your transfer credit acceptance.
You will also want to carefully review these two webpages, which provide valuable information regarding transferring to Binghamton to study human development:
- Undergraduate admissions transfer application information webpage
- HDEV academic policy regarding transfer credits
About the course curriculum
- University Bulletin (be sure to select "College of Community and Public Affairs" in the "Undergraduate Fields of Study by Department" box)
- Major requirements/curriculum
- Course schedule
- Registering for courses
- Course descriptions
About the major and the University
- Explore the links on the left to learn more about Binghamton's HDEV major
- Check out the HDEV minor in immigration studies
- Review our FAQ
- Download the human development fact sheet (356kb PDF)
- Watch a video about the CCPA
- Request information about this major: be sure to select "Human Development" under "Academic Interest"
Still have questions?
- For general information, contact the Human Development Department at 607-777-2841 or email@example.com
- To contact the Academic Advising Office, call 607-777-9199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For admissions information, contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 607-777-2171 or email@example.com