Welcome to employment with Binghamton University!
As an employer of New York State, we offer our employees a competitive and comprehensive set of benefits.
General benefits for faculty and staff include:
- health insurance / prescription coverage
- dental and vision insurances
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- flexible spending account (FSA) - health care, dependent care & adoption advantage care for eligible bargaining units
- retirement plans & tax deferred programs
- access to retirement planning consultations and seminars
- vacation, holiday and sick leave accruals
- college savings plan
- employee tuition assistance
It is important to realize that your benefits package is determined by the specifics of your employment relationship and eligibility requirements.
Refer to our campus Benefits-at-a-Glance page for details.
Our New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) medical plan options are administered by the NYS Department of Civil Service Employee Benefits Division - via NYSHIP Online.
- Due to the time sensitive nature of these benefits, newly benefits eligible employees are generally contacted by a Human Resources representative to schedule a new employee benefits orientation within two weeks of your hire date.
- If you have not been contacted or you have questions about your benefits eligibility, contact the Employee Benefits Office at 777-6950 or 777-2042.
During your group benefits orientation, discussion will include:
- information regarding medical, dental, vision, and other benefit programs, including enrollment deadlines
- retirement system membership, including tax deferred options
- paid time off accrual and paid family leave for eligible bargaining units
- flexible spending account (FSA) eligibility
- answers to your benefits related questions
General benefits information is available via our list of benefit topics -- click on the Benefits tab at the top of this page.
RELATED BENEFITS LINKS:
- Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant Benefits
- NYSHIP Online - click State Employees then Health Benefits
- SUNY Benefits
- SUNY Employee Discounts
- Retirement Plan Options