As a new or reenrolling student, you are required to provide copies of your immigration documents as well as information on who you would like to have contacted in the event of an emergency. If you do not provide copies of your immigration documents or your emergency contact information, then the ISSS will not be able to update your SEVIS record, and your immigration status may be at risk. You must submit this information as soon as possible after receiving your I-20/DS-2019 and visa.
How to submit the information
- Create pdf (preferred) or jpeg files of these documents:
- Passport biographical page
- F-1 or J-1 visa
- I-20 or DS-2019. Be sure to sign your I-20 or DS-2019 before scanning a copy.
- Gather contact information for a parent or other close family member/friend who the university should contact in case of an emergency. If this person lives in the United States, you will list them as a “U.S. Emergency Contact” on the form. If they live outside the United States, you should select “Foreign Emergency Contact” on the form.
- Complete the Upload Passport, Visa and I-20/DS-2019 e-form online.
- You will receive an email from ISSS if there are any issues when reviewing your documents.
Additional emergency contact information
After you arrive at Binghamton University, you can change the emergency contact information or provide ISSS with information for a different contact type by submitting the Emergency Contacts e-form. Note - only one emergency contact per type is allowed.