STEM OPT Extension Request
This e-form can be used by students currently on OPT to request an extension in an approved STEM field.
Here are the instructions for submitting the STEM OPT Extension Request e-form:
- Login to Sunapsis. Click here for instructions.
- After logging in, click on ‘F-1 Employment Services’ in the shaded box on the left side of the screen, then select ‘STEM OPT Extension Request.'
- The STEM OPT Extension Request e-form is displayed. The ‘Select OPT Approval Period’ message is displayed at the top of the form. If you have multiple OPT Approval records on file, you will need to select the appropriate one. If only one OPT Approval record is on file, it will automatically be selected.
- The e-form has several different sections. Required input fields are noted with an
- Personal information
- Degree information
- Employment Information (Note: For STEM OPT Extensions, you are NOT allowed to be self-employed.)
- Supervisor information
- Document upload - You must upload a copy of both the front and back sides of your 12-month OPT EAD card. This can be done in one file or separate files.
- You must also upload a copy of your Form I-983 (submit pages 1-4 at this time). This is a multi-page form, so be sure ALL pages are uploaded.
- Read the statements in the confirmation box CAREFULLY. You must click on each box to signify you have read and understood the statement.
- When complete, click on the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the form.
- The top of the form will be displayed, with a message stating the form has been submitted and is under review. You may select another e-form to process or log out of Sunapsis by clicking on ‘Logout of iSSS BU’ in the shaded box.
- You will receive an e-mail after ISSS has completed processing the e-form.
- If you want to cancel the e-form, scroll to the bottom and click the ‘Cancel’ button: