IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON USCIS PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
Applicants will often have their photos rejected for failing to meet the required specifications. To avoid this, be sure to show these instructions to the photographer before the photos are taken. Then carefully review your photos before mailing them to the USCIS Lockbox Facility with your application.
Special instructions regarding photos for your EAD card:
The photo requirements for OPT applications mirror the requirements for passport photos. Guidance can be found online.
- In color
- Printed on photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last six months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required).
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses, by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
Print your name and I-94 number on the back of the photos in pencil. Do not press on the picture.
Place the picture in an envelope or small plastic sandwich-size bag and attach the envelope or bag to the OPT application packet. Do not staple or otherwise put any holes in the pictures.
The photos can be taken locally at one of the businesses and organizations listed below.
Prices subject to change.
|Address||Phone no.||Cost of photos|
|CVS Pharmacy||· 50 Pennsylvania Ave, Binghamton · 68 Main St, Binghamton · 345 Main St, Johnson City * Available at all local stores EXCEPT Court Street. www.cvs.com to find the store nearest you||772-0656 773-8338 729-6549||$10.00 for 2 photos|
|Walmart Portrait Studio||2405 Vestal Parkway East||729-2484||$10.00 for 2 photos|
|AAA Travel Agency||Campus Plaza (near Olum's), Vestal||722-7255||$5 for 2 photos for AAA members. $7 for 2 photos for non-AAA members|