Search Target

Visiting scholar/faculty address updates

This procedure should be used by J1 visa holders whose Exchange Visitor Category on their DS-2019 is one of the following:

  • Professor
  • Research Scholar
  • Short-Term Scholar

By reporting your change of address through this process, it will be updated in SEVIS and you do not have to file a separate AR-11 form with the Department of Homeland Security. You may also use this process to report a new e-mail address.

Here are the instructions for submitting the Scholar/Faculty Address Update Form:

  • Download the Address change form for J-1 Scholars.
  • Fill in the form with the following information:
    • Surname/primary name
    • Given name
    • SEVIS ID number
    • Street address – this is your off-campus street number and street name
    • Apartment number – if you do not live in an apartment, this field can be left blank
    • City
    • State
    • Zip code
    • Phone number – where you can be reached in case of emergency
  • Save the PDF form, and mail it to

Here is a sample to help in completing the form.

If you have any questions or problems, please contact


Last Updated: 11/16/18