Visiting Scholar / Faculty Address Updates
This procedure should be used by J1 visa holders whose Exchange Visitor Category on their DS-2019 is one of the following:
- Research Scholar
- Short-Term Scholar
By reporting your change of address through this process, it will be updated into SEVIS and you do not have to file a separate AR-11 form with the Department of Homeland Security. You may also use this process to report a new e-mail address.
Here are the instructions for submitting the Scholar/Faculty Address Update Form:
1. Download the PDF form at this location
2. Fill in the form with the following information:
- Surname/Primary Name
- Given Name
- SEVIS ID Number
- Street Address – this is your off-campus street number and street name
- Apartment Number – if you do not live in an apartment, this field can be left blank
- Zip Code
- Phone Number – where you can be reached in case of emergency
3. Save the PDF form, and mail it to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.