Search Target

H-1B Status Temporary Worker

The H1-B temporary worker visa allows professional foreign nationals to work in the United States in specialty occupations for a period of up to six years.  The application must be filed by the employer; an individual cannot obtain an H-1B visa on his or her own.  This visa category is subject to a worldwide cap of 65,000 in fiscal year 2004 and thereafter.  An additional 20,000 visas are made available to those with Master's degrees or higher from a US college or University. For more information please visit the following sites:

H1-B Cap Count Link:

U.S. State Department:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Click Here

Law Firm of Mayer and Miller
H-1B Temporary Worker Fact Sheet
Click Here

Law Firm of Siskind Susser
The H-1B Visa

Last Updated: 2/16/18