FIND OUT HOW you CAN SAVE PAPER right NOW!
Did you know: 10% of the world's population, including Western Europe and North America, is responsible for over half of the world´s paper consumption. That's more than six times the world average. SAVE PAPER and MONEY, print wisely.
SEE what kind of impact YOUR printing has on the environment by clicking here.
While using our print management system (print.binghamton.edu:9191) is an obvious paper saving tool, here are some other handy ideas to reduce your impact on the environment and save paper.
1. Print duplex or two to a page– Print on both sides of the page or print two pages to a single side (also called N-Up printing). Combine both of these to print four pages on only one piece of paper! Not only save paper but also take longer to reach your print quota!
2. Use PDF and go digital– Send business documents by e-mail in PDF format rather than printing and then faxing/mailing them. You no longer need to print, sign and send. Use an electronic signature and email documents that require a signature. While you're at it, consider an FAX-to-email gateway so your inbound faxes arrive in your inbox.
3. Use an electronic diary– Install a program on your laptop or computer and record all appointments and diary
entries electronically. Google Calendar is our program of choice.
4. Send e-cards– Save money and save the planet. Personalised season's greetings can be sent quickly and easily by email. Save on stamps, cards and envelopes. Note: Some may thing you're "cheap" doing this so make it known that your driver is not cost savings but the environment!
5. Use a whiteboard– Forget sticky notes and note pads. Use a white board to record all those quick and temporary notes.
6. Electronic memo's and bulletins– Communicate in the office electronically. Invitations, instructions and important notices can be sent via email or viewed daily on an updatable document on your intranet.
7. Be selective– Print only what you need to print. Cut and paste relevant information from longer
documents and print only when and what you absolutely need to.
8. Proof work on screen– some people prefer to print documents for proofing as it's difficult and taxing to do so on the screen. Be kind to your eyes and simply enlarge the text temporarily while you proof.
9. Promote awareness– place signs around your office or study encouraging these and other paper saving ideas. (Laminate them so you don't have to reprint them!) Gentle and polite reminders are all you need.
10. Recycle, recycle, recycle– have recycle bins in prominent places so people remember to use them, use the back of old documents as scrap paper etc. Lead by example and watch others follow!
FIND OUT HOW MANY TREES YOUR PRINTING has consumed by clicking here.
QUICK Tips For Printing Smart
- Set the default on your printer, copier, or multi-function devices to print duplex.
- Print duplex whenever possible.
- When buying a new printer, copier, or multi-function device, purchase a device that is duplex capable.
- Proof or preview documents online before printing.
- Avoid printing e-mails to simply read them.
- Use electronic versions of documents when possible.
- Share documents electronically using Google Docs, Blackboard or email.
- Reuse paper that has only been printed on one side.
- Think before you print!