Here are your FOUR things to do to start off right!
1. GET CONNECTED
- Connect to Welcome2Bing and follow the instructions to run the JoinNow tool
- Gaming and device networking via mydevicesbing
- Need tech help? Ask your RESCON or the Help Desk.
2. CHECK YOUR BMAIL & MY.BINGHAMTON REGULARLY
- Need help? Or locked out of your Bmail/Google account? Contact the Help Desk. More information and instructions for setting up your Google 2-Step Authentication.
- Read B-LINE (students) and DATELINE (fac/staff) posted regularly via email so you stay updated and don't miss anything you should know or be doing!
- Your Bmail, portal and B-Line/Dateline are the #1 forms of campus communication. Stay on top of your studies and stay updated with important campus info regarding technology, Brightspace, system status, etc.
- Does an email look phishy? Pay attention to email phishing hoaxes/scams!
- Change your password to a strong one and use a password manager, don’t repeatedly use the same user/pass.
- Use 2FA, especially for CAS & Google Account/Bmail
- Follow @binghamtonITS on Twitter and/or Instagram for consistent campus tech related updates
- Review the ITS website on a regular basis for easy self-help and updated tech info.
- Keep devices updated with system software and apps.
- Stay on top of current phishing scams to avoid at binghamton.edu/its/phishing.
- Report any suspcious activity to email@example.com.
4. TECH CHECKLIST
- Check off your tech todo list! This is your Tech Reference Guide for a successful technically focused semester.
- This page includes information for everything IT related including online resources, printing, computing labs (Even for finding an empty workstation!) and even tech tips!