Use JoinNow to automatically configure devices for bingwired.

802.1x authentication was activated for Ethernet ports in the Residence Halls in August 2017.  802.1x authentication protects the Binghamton wired network by requiring clients to have Binghamton University Computer Account (POD) credentials. 802.1x authentication is the preferred connection method and in the future may be a requirement to connect to the Binghamton University wired network bingwired.

After successfully running JoinNow your Binghamton University Computer Account (POD) credentials will have to be entered in the Windows Security Sign In box.


Manual Wired Configuration for Operating Systems


A configured network profile is required on MAC OS 10.7 and higher, use JoinNow


Configuration depends on the distribution. Use the authentication method PEAP/MSCHAPv2 for manual configuration. Go to this link for a generic manual configuration image.


Go to this link for manual wired configuration instructions.



Use MyDevices to register gaming devices using Ethernet connections

The network mydevicesbing is available for gaming and other devices using Ethernet connections that cannot authenticate via 802.1x.

Clients can log into the MyDevices portal using their Binghamton University Computer Account (PODS) userid and password to register devices. After a successful registration the device will be connected. (Note that the 'Pending' status displayed on the Game Device Registration Portal is a software bug. Please disregard.)

All devices that have connected via mydevicesbing will be purged at the end of major semesters.  The My Devices Portal can also be accessed at My Binghamton under Campus Life > Online Resources.


Wired (Ethernet) Connections

A wired ethernet jack is available in all academic and administrative offices for use by Faculty and Staff. If you are having trouble connecting your device to the ethernet jack you can contact the ITS Help Desk for assistance. If you need an additional ethernet jack installed please contact the Telecommunications Department.

Ethernet Jack

In the residence halls one wired ethernet jack is provided in each dormitory room and in most common rooms. An ethernet cable will be needed to connect your device to the jack. While ITS does not provide these cables to students they are available for purchase at the campus book store as well as at most stores that sell electronics.

If you do not have enough wired network jacks available in your residence hall or office to connect all of your devices a mini switch or mini hub may be used to add extra capacity. Routers and/or wireless access points ARE NOT permitted per the ITS Acceptable Use Policy.

  • Students in the residence halls may provide their own mini switches.  Contact the ITS Helpdesk or your ResCon for information regarding a purchase if you have questions.
  • Academic or administrative departments may provide their own mini switches or contact the ITS Help Desk to purchase one for a faculty or staff office.

Users of the Binghamton University data network are required to abide by the Binghamton University Computer and Network Acceptable Use Policy.


Last Updated: 5/15/18