Find It! FAQ
What is Find It!?
Find It! is a single-search box that provides a dynamic "one-stop" discovery and delivery service to the Libraries’ collections and a mega-aggregated index of hundreds of millions of scholarly e-resources including books, ebooks, articles, reviews, legal documents, and more.
Find It! can be accessed from the main search box on the Libraries’ homepage.
Searching Find It!
Type in keywords for titles, authors or subjects. For known items or to make the search more precise, use quotes (e.g. "The Color Purple"). Select 'Advanced search' to enable more precise searching.
Limiting your search
Use the drop-down menu in the search box to limit the search to one of the following:
- Search all collections – all of the Libraries collections, local digital collections, Primo Central, the the Libraries’ Institutional Repository (ORB)
- Library Catalog - search for books, journal titles, microforms, videos, governments documents, and other materials owned by the Libraries
- Articles and more... - search hundreds of millions of records for journal articles, e-books, newspapers obtained from scholarly publishers such as JSTOR, Oxford Journals, Web of Science, Gale, and more.
- Local Digital Collections - material from the Libraries' digital preservation system (Rosetta) and Open Repository @ Binghamton
Refining search results
Use the filters to refine search results by availability (including full text), material type, creation date, etc. You can limit to a particular library (e.g. the UDC) by using the collections facet.
Click on an item’s title to see full details. Requesting, emailing, printing and export options are also available.
Use your Library account to request and renew items, view your filled requests (current and past), and access saved items and searches. You’ll need a Binghamton University PODS account to sign in.
To sign in, click 'Guest'.
Click 'sign in' and enter your PODS account credentials.
To open your account, click on your name and then click 'My Library Card'.
You must sign in to your account to request items.
- Click on the title.
- Go to the 'Locations' section
- Click on Hold
- Choose a pick up location
- Click on 'Send request'
See an item you want to save for later? Click on the pin icon to the right of your search item to save it as a favorite. (If you are not signed in, pinning favorites will only last for the current session.)
Saving a search
To save a search, click the ‘Save query alert’ button in the black bar above the search results. You must be logged in to save a search permanently.