Group Study Room Reservation Conditions
Study rooms can only be reserved by current Binghamton University students. Reservations are subject to the following conditions:
- Only groups of two or more can reserve a room.
- No more than two, 2-hour reservations in a day.
- No more than three, 2-hour reservations in a week.
- You will receive a confirmation email when you make a reservation. You must have a print or electronic copy of your confirmed reservation when occupying the study room.
- If you do not arrive within the first 15 minutes of your reservation, you will forfeit your right to the study room, and it will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations may be canceled by library staff. If your reservation is canceled, you will receive an email notification.
Group Study Room Use Policies
- For safety and security purposes, study-room windows may not be covered or blocked.
- No smoking allowed. See Library Policies.
- No sleeping or camping out in group study rooms.
- All drinks must be in a container with a lid. Snacks and food in small containers are allowed. No group meals or food deliveries. For more information, see Food & Drink Policy.
- No appliances, heating or cooling devices.
- Show consideration by straightening the room and clearing all trash when leaving.
- Do not remove furniture from the room.
- The Bartle Library third and fourth floors and all areas in the Science Library are for quiet study, including the group study rooms. Respect others by keeping noise at a reasonable level.
- Group study rooms are intended for collaborative study and research, not for general activities, parties or business meetings.
- Library users are responsible for their personal property at all times and should never leave personal belongings unattended. The Libraries are not liable for loss or damage to personal property.