Where is open research?
Open research is everywhere! It is continually evolving, with new sites appearing regularly. It involves all areas and components of the research process, from preliminary data to books and other final research products.
Open Research Sources:
Research Articles, Preprints and manuscripts:
- Journal article pre-prints and manuscript repositories by discipline.
- Journal articles in the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- PQDT Open dissertations and theses from Proquest.
Course content and textbooks:
- Course content from the Open Courseware Consortium.
- Textbooks from the College Open Textbooks project.
For more information: Battle of the Opens, Dorothea Salo, Book of Trogool blog, March 15, 2010
Still need help? The Libraries Scholarly Communications Officer, Elizabeth Brown, can assist you at (607) 777-4882.