Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Bridge to the Doctorate
The National Science Foundation funded State University of New York (SUNY) Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Bridge to the Doctorate (LSAMP BD) program at Binghamton University establishes a bridge helping students to obtain a PhD by providing the financial support to pursue graduate study, faculty mentors to guide students academically and professionally, and a support network of staff to assist them in accomplishing their goals.
All of our current BD spots have been filled! Please Visit the other BD page for more information.
- Participation in a LSAMP program during undergrad
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with a 3.0 GPA or better
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Acceptance into a STEM graduate program at Binghamton University
- Desire to pursue a Ph.D. in a STEM discipline
The benefits of becoming a SUNY LSAMP BD Fellow include:
- Tuition, fees and student health insurance waiver for first two years
- Stipend of $30,000 annually for first two years
- Level funding in years 3, 4, & 5 if qualified to advance to PhD
- Faculty mentoring
- Participation in professional conferences and meetings
- Links to research and professional opportunities
- Enriched academic services and support