AP/IB Credit

It's very important that both Binghamton University and SUNY Broome receive your final high school transcript as soon as possible after graduation. Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores and any previously earned college credits should also be sent to Binghamton University when they are available. Accessing and reviewing your test scores and credits will assist the academic advisors in providing guidance to you when discussing coursework, majors and career paths.

Note: Binghamton University’s credit transfer requirements are more stringent than those of SUNY Broome; therefore, it’s important to meet regularly with your SUNY Broome academic advisor who will assist you in making the best choices for your future as a Binghamton student. The SUNY Broome Academic Advising Office will use Binghamton’s AP equivalencies to assist in properly planning your coursework, while continuing to work closely with Binghamton academic advisors throughout the academic year. In addition, an academic advisor from Harpur College advising office is available on the SUNY Broome campus throughout the fall and spring semesters. 

AP credit
To receive proper credit for any AP courses taken, you must have your AP scores sent to Binghamton University. If you did not send your scores using the AP Answer Sheet, you may order score reports online, by mail or fax. Make sure that you follow the instructions based on how you're requesting your scores to be sent.

Note: Binghamton University's school code is 2535. Test scores may receive credit based on the policy established by the State University of New York.

IB credit
Credit is awarded only for higher level IB exams, with scores of 4 and 5 receiving four credits and scores of 6 or 7 receiving eight credits. Scores are submitted through the International Baccalaureate website.

College courses taken in high school
If you completed any college course work while attending high school, credit will be evaluated upon receipt of your official college transcripts. Official copies must be sent directly from each college where credit was earned to Binghamton University.

Final high school transcripts required
If you have not done so, now is the time to submit a request with the guidance office to have your final transcript (with official signature, seal or stamp and date of graduation) or GED sent electronically or mailed directly from your high school to the SUNY Broome and Binghamton admissions offices. As official transcripts cannot be shared between institutions, each needs an original for your student record.

Mail or email to: 
SUNY Broome Community College Admissions Office, PO Box 1017, Binghamton, NY 13902 or transcripts@sunybroome.edu


Binghamton University, Undergraduate Admissions, PO Box 6001, Binghamton, NY 13902-6001 or admit@binghamton.edu