Search Target

Information for admitted students

Before coming to Binghamton University:

  • How to activate your Binghamton accounts?

Your Binghamton University Computer Account (PODS account) is used to access all online resources on campus: application status checker, housing request form, Blackboard, public computers on campus, Internet connection, BU Brain Self-Service, etc. You access your computer account by logging in with your User ID and password.

BMail is your official Binghamton email address and is where all University communications are sent. Binghamton University has partnered with Google to provide our students, faculty, and staff with BMail ( A BMail account is created when you become a student or an employee.

Please follow the instructions here to activate your accounts.

  • Housing and Dining

You may choose to live on campus or off campus. (BISU 1+3 students are required to live on campus in the first year at Binghamton.) Please click here for more information.

  • Information for All New Students

Please click here for information for all new students, including how to submit the online Medical History form and the Immunization Worksheet. You will also see a few checklists on what you should do before arrival.

During your stay at Binghamton University:

You can visit the Decker Student Health Services Center on campus, located on the East Access Road, above Dickinson College and across from College-in-the-Woods (Parking Lot O). You may walk in without making an appointment in advance. Walk-in care is provided from 8 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday and students are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911 from a campus telephone. Off-campus or cell phone users should call 777-3333 for Harpur's Ferry campus medical response service. Students who visit a local emergency room or urgent care center are responsible for all costs incurred.

If you need non-emergency care on the weekends or when the Decker Student Health Services Center is closed, you may visit a local walk-in clinic. You'll be responsible for all costs incurred.

Click here for information on International Student Health Insurance.

  • Fun Activities on Campus

Other than going to classes and studying, what else can you do at Binghamton University? Click here for more information!

 Are you getting ready to graduate?

  • Graduation Requirements

Have you fulfilled all graduation requirements, including submitting an Application for Degree (AFD), available on BU BRAIN? Click here for more information.

  • Commencement

Please click here for more information, such as how to purchase caps and gowns, how to get tickets for your family and friends, time and location of commencement ceremonies, and so on.

If you have any questions regarding OPT, please visit the Office of International Student and Scholar Services, located in the Old Champlain building, Floor 1R. 

  • Applying for Degree Verification

Employers seeking to verify whether a student earned a degree at Binghamton University can obtain verification through the NSC at The cost for this service is $6.50.

If an employer is unable to locate a potential employee, the NSC will notify Financial Aid and Student Records, and the appropriate update/correction will be made to the NSC data.

Companies requesting a transcript must obtain the student's signature and provide the signed release form to the office.


Last Updated: 2/9/18