Binghamton Fund for Student Life (BFSL)
2019 Grant Application Guidelines
Application Due: January 31, 2019
1. The Binghamton Fund for Student Life (BFSL) is seeking grant applications for programs/initiatives for the 2019–20 academic year or for current programs in need of additional funding. Only professional staff from the Division of Student Affairs can submit an application, but proposals may involve partnerships with other administrative areas and/or student organizations.
2. Funded programs/projects must demonstrate a direct and positive impact on student life at Binghamton University. Granted dollars can range from $1,000 to $10,000.
4. The application must be reviewed, approved and signed by the Assistant/Associate Vice President of the department/area that most directly aligns with the proposal to be considered complete. Only completed applications will be forwarded to the PLC for consideration.
5. A PLC representative will chair the grant application and review process, will serve on the grant application review committee and will oversee grant recipient reporting during the post- grant period. All interested members of the PLC are welcome to participate in the review process.
6. Grant recipients will be notified of the amount of the grant awarded following the PLC Annual on-campus meeting in April. Grant recipients are responsible for providing an appropriate account number into which the funds should be transferred within 10 business days of notification of the grant award.
8. Recipients are asked to acknowledge the BFSL and the PLC on promotional materials, advertisements, or websites pertaining to the funded initiative.
9. Applications for grant monies to fund the purchase of promotional items (t-shirts, cups, pens, etc.) are discouraged except where the item in question is a vital and demonstrated function of the program (i.e.; t-shirt is actual uniform for a large group). Applications to provide funding for food at events will not be considered.
10. All awarded grant recipients will be asked to submit a progress report after 6 months of allocation of funds
11. See more about the BFSL and past recipients here.
If you have questions about the grant process, please contact Linda Salomons, Parent, Family and Events Coordinator, at email@example.com or 607-777-4668.