Wesley Kufel grew up in Syracuse, N.Y., and received his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Following graduation, he completed a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse, and a PGY2 Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Residency at the University of North Carolina Medical Center in Chapel Hill, N.C.
He joined the Binghamton University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice in 2017. He is also a clinical pharmacy specialist in infectious diseases at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse, where he provides clinical services for the antimicrobial stewardship program and the infectious diseases consultation teams. Kufel also holds a faculty appointment as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University, where is he actively involved in interprofessional infectious disease education.
Kufel is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS), Board Certified Infectious Diseases Pharamcist (BCIDP), and is an American Academy of HIV Medicine HIV Certified Pharmacist (AAHIVP).
- PharmD, University at Buffalo
- Infectious diseases
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Pharmacy and interprofessional education
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Resident/Fellow Travel Grant (2016)
- Triangle College of Clinical Pharmacy (TCCP) Resident Travel Grant (2016)
- Merck Academic Excellence Award,University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy (2015)
- Pharmacist Society of the State of New York Outstanding Student Leader Award (2015)
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges (2015)
- Pharmacist Association of Western New York Golf Scholarship (2014)
- Phi Lambda Sigma (PLS) Pharmacy Leadership Society (2014)
- Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society (2013)