Leon E. Cosler, RPh, PhDFounding Chair and Associate Professor, Health Outcomes and Administrative Sciences; Interim Chair, Pharmacy Practice
Office: Academic A, Room 102
- Pharmacoeconomic evaluations
- Large-scale database analyses
- Decision modeling
- Bachelor of Science, pharmacy, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, N.Y.
- Master of Science, pharmacy administration, West Virginia University College of Pharmacy, Morgantown, W.Va.
- Doctor of Philosophy, administration and engineering systems (health systems administration), Union Graduate College, Schenectady, N.Y.
A New York state-licensed pharmacist with a background in research, public policy, management and academia, Leon Cosler, RPh, PhD, joined Binghamton University's School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science as associate professor and founding chair of the Department of Health Outcomes and Administrative Sciences.
Prior to joining Binghamton, Cosler was associate professor of pharmacoeconomics and founding co-director of the Research Institute for Health Outcomes at the Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Before entering academia, he was director of research for the New York State Medicaid program.
Cosler's funded research projects include decision-analysis modeling using pharmacoeconomics data and large claims databases, as well as cost-of-illness and cost-effectiveness analyses specializing in oncology treatment and toxicities. His numerous publications provide valuable guidance for policy-makers, legislators, healthcare organizations and manufacturers seeking to optimize health outcomes and demonstrate value.